Raw Lime Honey (340g)
Nature’s Blends light-coloured raw lime honey balances the honey’s overwhelming sweetness with citrusy essence, slight bitterness, and unique zestiness of lime to give it a mouth-watering sugary yet fiery flavour. We provide our mild lemony flavoured, organic honey unadulterated and loaded with natural enzymes, minerals, vitamins and many other healthy nutrients.
Sourced from the Romanian’s Linden (lime) tree forests, where nectar-rich flowers cover the mountains, our pure lime honey has various protective properties to offer. Our honey nourishes your body, keeps you healthy with its potent medicinal properties, and gives you an extra punch of energy. Honey’s amusingly refreshing floral aroma will indulge you in its unique fruity-tangy taste. Grab a spoon and add a real zing to your cuisines, salads, teas, and beverages!
Nature’s Blends performs cold extraction and delivers it unfiltered, unprocessed, non-pasteurised, unheated, and free from additives. We ensure our pure lime honey is harvested from trees grown in toxins-free soil, pollutants-free air, no remnants of pesticides, and temperate weather because we promise to deliver exceptional quality products - fragrant and spiced.
Lime honey, and moonflower honey, change colour and texture as it matures over time but is usually light-gold and clear in colour and texture, respectively. Consider taking 2-3 teaspoons of honey daily as a health-giving eating practice. Organic raw money comes with the tendency to crystallise faster, and the reason is its high glucose to fructose ratio.
*Color may vary
Taste, Aroma, texture, and Color:
Are you wondering what raw lime honey tastes like? It comes with a moderate to high sweetness in a combination of menthol and woody notes. The mild acidity is complemented with a strong linden taste and distinctive fruity-floral undertones. The zestiness seems to dominate. It comes with a tempting yet harsh and bitter mint aftertaste. In short, its palate is bursting with a rich flavour profile!
Apart from exciting flavours, raw lime honey has a lovely and strong fragrance of wood, menthol, and lime. Its citrus aroma is enhanced with hints of fruitiness.
As soon as you put it in your mouth, honey will melt, and you will feel a soft consistency. It is usually in a beautifully liquid texture but can crystalise over time, changing its colour. Typically, honey appears gold yellow or dark yellow to green. With time, it turns to amber. It is more brassy when runny.
Suggest Ways Use:
- The best use of organic lime honey is in tea. A spoonful of liquid honey feels nice and tastes exquisite in teas. Its calming effect might help insomniac people.
- Makes a good natural sweetener for yoghurt, ice cream, oatmeal, and breakfast foods.
- Drizzle it over buttered toast, pancakes, or crepes in breakfast.
- Its soft and sweet fruity nature with floral sweetness makes it a perfect item to be added to bakery items and desserts.
- Combine it with cheese - Ricotta, Pecorino, Parmigiano Reggiano, Buratta.
- Organic hone goes well with fresh flavours of mint or coriander.
- Pure honey tastes brilliant with nuts.
- You can best use it with fruits such as berries, grapes, melons, etc.
- Due to its tart flavour, you can add it to seafood such as prawns or scallops.
- Use it in your marinades and as a salad dressing.
- For topical use, apply raw unfiltered honey directly to irritated skin.
- Prized for a soothing effect, it can be added to your facial masks and scrubs for cleaning.
The Linden tree, also known as the lime tree, from which lime honey is harvested, has always symbolised love, health, truth, and fortune. It holds a sacred place in European cultures for healing and nurturing the body, but now it is prized for its nourishing properties throughout the world. Raw honey benefits are surprisingly endless. You can call Tilia tree honey (the scientific name for lime) as:
- Linden honey (generally speaking)
- Lime honey (Britain)
- Basswood honey (America)
The lime trees are commonly grown in the Netherlands and bloom with small white and yellow flowers from mid-June till mid-July, producing sweet-smelling nectar. Tulcea counties and Neamț-Iași counties have lush linden forests where this monofloral honey is produced by mountain bees and harvested every summer.
The two most unique properties of lime trees are height as they can grow 100-foot-tall and age as they live for 1000 years or more.
Health Benefits of Honey:
Being recognised as one of the tastiest and most vitamin-rich honey varieties, raw lime honey contains trace minerals, polyphenols, tannins, flavonoids, and many other plant-based healthful compounds, making it a good remedy for plenty of ailments.
- Raw honey is packed with naturally-occurring antioxidants such as limonoids, kaempferol, ascorbic acid, and quercetin.
- Considering its calming effects, organic lime honey combats anxiety, stress, restlessness, and nervousness.
- Lime honey is high in active compounds, which makes it a potent antibacterial agent and a germ-killer. It prevents infections.
- Raw lime honey has somewhat sedative effects that might help manage insomnia.
- Thanks to its antiseptic properties, honey is a natural remedy to relieve cold, sore throat, and flu.
- It has a detoxifying effect on the liver.
- Pure honey is a gentle and organic solution for improving gut health.
- With its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effects, it naturally aids in reducing blemishes and acne. So, don’t forget to add it to your face masks and scrubs!
- Raw honey is a perfect ingredient to add to foods for strengthening immunity as it is rich in vitamin C.
- One of the best benefits of honey is its impressive wound-healing properties and restores collagen production.
- It may be helpful in reducing heart disease risk by lowering high blood pressure.
Average per 100g
Average serving size 21g
of which sugars (g)
Servings per container: 16
What is monofloral honey?
A special type of honey that is produced by the honeybees by collecting nectar from a single plant is called monofloral (mono means one and floral means flower). The most common example is orange blossom, and honey. Usually, every monofloral honey comes with amazing medicinal properties, unique flavours, and extraordinary aroma.
Is linden honey healthy?
Yes, raw linden honey is very healthy because it can act as:
You can reduce inflammation, fight off bacteria, get rid of respiratory infections, and regularise sleep with lime honey.
What is the most traditional and oldest use of linden honey?
In the past years, linden honey was used as a diaphoretic. It was consumed by the patients with a cold, flu, fever, or sore throats to “sweat it out.”