Manuka Honey 83+
Manuka Honey 83+
Take a spoonful of 100% pure, raw, and unfiltered Nature’s Blends Manuka Honey 83+ to support strong immunity, fresh skin, and a healthy gut. Our organic honey is packed with antibacterial and antiseptic properties, low active strength, and a flavoursome taste.
Perfect for cooking, baking, glazing, and topical use!
Nature’s Blends has a healthy-giving, nutrient-rich, preservative-free, GMO-free, and exceptionally tasteful Manuka honey 83+, directly extracted from the hives of lush mountains of New Zealand. Manuka flowers bloom for a small span between spring and summer, and its nectar has an attractive smell that welcomes honeybees. The use of cold methods lets us preserve its natural therapeutic properties.
The higher amount of natural bioactive compounds ensures that moonflower Manuka honey is essential to maintain everyday wellness!
What makes this wholesome Manuka honey so unique and rare is MGO content. The 83+ value is considered of mild strength, making it appropriate to be used for cooking savoury as well as sweet dishes. Our honey of a genuine quality can provide relief from minor digestive issues, cough, flu, and acne. This raw honey's benefits are endless.
In Nature’s Blends Manuka Honey 83+, the 83+ explains the MGO rating, which means the total amount of Methylglyoxal present in the honey. Despite being low in MGO, it is full of natural goodness. We rigorously test our honey to confirm its purity, taste, and quality.
Taste, Color, Aroma, and Texture:
Manuka honey 83+ has a delectable flavour and blend of appetising aromas. It tastes from mild to medium sweet (depending on the season) and brings a distinctive hint of caramel – scrumptious! It gives off a clean and mildly bitter aftertaste. The earthy taste feels pleasant on the tongue.
The raw unfiltered honey has a pleasant texture: rich, thick, and creamy. Its smooth consistency makes the honey melt in your mouth seamlessly! The honey addicts will surely relish its woody undertones.
In colour, you can find pure honey in dark cream to dark brown shades.
A quick introduction to MGO and UMF
MGO and UMF are two genuine and authentic indicators of honey quality, purity, potency, and methylglyoxal content. These grading systems rate honey varieties on different characteristics, telling you how beneficial the honey is for your health upkeep. It evaluates the amounts of bioactive compounds present in raw manuka honey. Despite being similar in many aspects, they differ too.
For Methylglyoxal, we use MGO (abbreviation), which only focuses on counting the amount of Methylglyoxal. It ranks honey as per MGO levels indicating the quality. A Higher MGO rating proves a higher concentration of MGO offering remarkable antimicrobial properties.
For UMF, we use the Unique Manuka Factor, which measures not only MGO content but also looks into plenty of other healthful bioactive factors. It explains both the quality and purity.
Is MGO or UMF Better?
In one way or another, they are linked to the honey in the same manner as both are considered to be the best indicators of honey’s quality and purity. We cannot say which one is a better option because they look into different traits of honey. Yes, you can compare the values, which will help you choose the purest, highest-quality honey.
Both standards vary widely but can be associated with each other to some extent. Here is a parity chart of estimated values:
UMF 5 = MGO83
UMF10 = MGO263
UMF15 = MGO514
UMF20 = MGO829
UMF25 = MGO1200
What Level of Manuka Honey is Best?
The honey, which shows the highest content (quantity) of MGO, is the most beneficial option as it promises to provide you with the maximum antiviral and antimicrobial benefits. As per the scale of UMF:
- Honey with MGO 514 - MGO 1200 tops the chart with the highest concentration of bioactive compounds (MGO), best used against skin issues and wound healing.
- Honey with MGO 263 - MGO 514 comes with the nearly maximum MGO strength, best used for curative purposes.
- Honey with MGO 83 - MGO 263 is at the bottom of the chart with milder properties, making it acceptable to be consumed daily, but it still has high potency to keep you safe from mild to moderate health problems.
The scientific name for a Tea Tree is Leptospermum Scoparium, which is found during a brief period of spring and summer. Due to their picky nature, you cannot find it in many areas yet, only in New Zealand and particular regions of Australia. Now you can imagine why it is considered so rare. This small-sized, evergreen shrub blooms with distinctively sweet-fragranced flowers letting you spot it from a distance. Its MGO has an unbelievably resilient nature to light and heat.
Manuka Tree has a long history of being cultivated by native Maori for treating or preventing illnesses and healing a variety of wounds. Do you know why? Pure honey provides incredibly nutrient-dense nectar.
Health Benefits of Honey:
Undoubtedly, Manuka Honey is a health-proven plant-derived compound used against numerous diseases. It is valued by worldwide health practitioners, nutritionists, and athletes for its enriching healthful properties (primarily antioxidant and antibacterial properties). It has higher curative abilities because of the high-level natural pollens, amino acids, and enzyme concentration. It takes good care of your body from skin to heart, mouth to the gut.
Some of the significant Manuka honey benefits include:
- It acts as a marvellous immune booster whether you are taking it with or without a meal.
- Apart from strengthening your immunity, it takes your energy level to the next level. It is a natural energy stimulant.
- Highly beneficial for keeping bugs away is a good example of its antibacterial properties. In short, it saves you from catching fever, flu, and cold.
- Its unique ability to give a cooling sensation plays a significant role in soothing sore throats.
- One of the primary benefits of Manuka honey is that it can maintain your GIT health by managing stomach aches, improving digestion, and reducing bloating.
- People with skin ailments or acne can benefit by mixing it in a mask, scrub, or facewash. It gives a refreshing look by hydrating skin.
- Considered a valuable disinfectant for dental and gum problems such as plaque build-up.
- Layering this energy-giving delicacy over wounds will support faster healing because of its antimicrobial properties. Additionally, it works as a skin repair agent and helps remove scars.
Suggested Ways to Use
- Consuming it raw (a spoonful of honey daily) will act as an energy stimulant and satisfy your sugar cravings without adding excessive calories.
- When spicy sauces are mixed with honey, they make an ultimate combination. Don’t forget to add it to your fresh salads.
- Due to its creamier texture and smooth consistency, Manuka honey makes flavour-rich smoothies and sugary beverages.
- Roasting vegetables in organic Manuka honey will bring a punch of sweetness that you always need.
- It goes well with all types of coffee and green/herbal tea flavours. Only a few dollops of honey will do wonders.
- One of the best ways is to sprinkle organic honey over breakfast oatmeal, yoghurt, cornflakes, or muesli.
- Add a few drops of raw honey to your skin, brightening the facemask for better skin hydration. It will make your skin glow.
- Drizzling it over pancakes, waffles, and crepes or spreading it on toast is recommended.
- It is a good wound healer. Being a strong anti-bacterial agent, it can remove scars and treat skin cuts. A thin honey coating with sterilised cotton pads is a good practice.
- Manuka Honey is not only healthy but also a delicious alternative to table sugar. You can use it in cooking or baking bread or cakes.
Is Manuka honey 83+ MGO good?
Yes, it is. Although Manuka Honey 83+ is less in MGO and has fewer bioactive compounds, it is full of remedial properties, suitable for skin care, serves various health purposes, and is suitable for daily consumption as an alternative to table sugar.
What does MGO 83 mean in Manuka honey?
MGO stands for Methylglyoxal, and 83+ means the total amount of MGO present in the raw Manuka honey. MGO is responsible for giving wonderful antibacterial and antiviral characteristics to Manuka honey.
Which Manuka honey is best for the immune system?
Raw and pure manuka honey with an MGO rating of 850+ is always the best option to strengthen your immune system because of its greater antibacterial activity. MGO 85+ ensures to show superior health-enhancing and immune-boosting traits.