Manuka Honey 800+
Nature’s Blends raw Manuka Honey 800+ has a flavour you can relish and health-giving nutrients you can count on!
Our sustainably-sourced product is organic, giving you a one-of-a-kind taste, aromatic smell, and exceptional purity while supporting a healthy body. We provide the highest quality honey you can get.
Nature’s Blends Manuka Honey 800+ is not only delicious but also highly nutritious, making it one of nature's phenomenal healers - full of natural goodness. This premium-grade honey is equally useful when applied topically, eaten raw, cooked with food, added to bakery items, or mixed in healthy beverages. We present you a jar of rare speciality honey having a wonderful nutrient profile, recognised therapeutic and healing qualities, and complex flavour with hints of Manuka’s wild tones.
We make sure to deliver wholesome honey by preferring cold extraction over the heating process, filtering it minimally, and directly sourcing it from the serene forests of New Zealand, where honeybees forge on the sweet nectar of Manuka flowers. We kept it free of synthetic chemicals (additives and preservatives) and sweeteners to maximise honey's health benefits.
We follow strict rules for quality assurance to ensure that every batch of honey is up to the mark and of the most refined nature. With an MGO rating of 800+, you can assume this high-strength, organic honey is enriched with live enzymes and a variety of bio-actives.
Taste, Color, and Texture:
What Does Manuka Honey Taste Like? Manuka honey is known for its unique taste and attractive fragrance. This sweet delicacy brings a rich flavour palette to let you enjoy it with your meals and snacks. Its complex taste is a blend of medium to mild sweetness of sugar (depending on the season), caramel, and floral notes. The aftertaste of this raw unfiltered honey is mildly bitter and earthy but pleasant.
Pure honey comes in a dark cream shade of brown. The texture is thick, rich, and creamy, giving a smooth consistency.
A quick introduction to MGO and UMF
Before jumping to the shopping cart, you must understand the concepts of MGO and UMF in Manuka honey. Typically defined as honey grading systems, you can evaluate the honey's purity, quality, and uniqueness as it informs you about the levels of certain vital compounds contributing to the honey’s effectiveness or potency.
MGO is the abbreviated form of methylglyoxal, and UMF stands for Unique Manuka Factor. Methylglyoxal is a hyperactive, naturally occurring compound found in Manuka that brings tons of impressive therapeutic properties. For the best quality, choose the honey with the highest MGO value. UMF gives a broader view by focusing on other nutrients apart from MGO.
Both standards vary widely but can be associated with each other to some extent. Here is a parity chart of estimated values:
- UMF 5 = MGO83
- UMF10 = MGO263
- UMF15 = MGO514
- UMF20 = MGO829
- UMF25 = MGO1200
What Level of Manuka Honey is Best?
The best manuka honey must have the greatest value of MGO to ensure the maximum anti-viral and antimicrobial benefits of honey.
The highest value (15-25 UMF) reflects the highest strength (higher concentration of bioactive compounds), which has wider application. It is best suited for cosmetic purposes and remedial approaches or wound healing. The manuka honey benefits are maximum at 20-25 UMF levels. Medium-grade (10-15 UMF) manuka honey can also be potent and beneficial for multiple not-severe health conditions in the short term. Whereas milder-grade (5-10 UMF) honey is suitable for consumption daily with meals or raw.
The honeybees produce manuka honey by feeding on short evergreen shrubs of Manuka (Leptospermum), which is respected for its curative qualities. It symbolises power, stability, and sustenance. The local Maori people have been using it from root to honey as a traditional medicine for centuries as it is only cultivated in New Zealand. The Manuka tree is known for its resilience and toughness to withstand harsh conditions such as dry earth and strong winds.
Commonly known as the New Zealand Tea Tree, white flowers bloom during summer giving a distinctive fragrance. The sweet nectar attracts bees and lets them take it to their hives. The speciality of Manuka lies in its nutrient-dense nectar. People have learned exceptional beekeeping skills with time and now supply honey worldwide.
Manuka honey is produced in specific conditions, only in NZ, and in a brief summertime, it is one of the rarest and most expensive honey varieties.
(MGO) Methylglyoxal is a compound naturally produced by the nectar and collected by the bees, letting them bring it to the Manuka honey and giving honey strong antibacterial and anti-viral properties. Dietary methylglyoxal is heat- and light-resistant. This wondrous element can maintain its stability in enzymatic activity.
Benefits of Honey:
Manuka Honey is one of the most powerful varieties which works for your general well-being. It has plenty of medicinal benefits, but its antioxidant and antibacterial properties are at the top of the list. It really has super healing powers to take good care of your gut and oral health, immunity, and skin. Being rich in bio-actives and friendly enzymes, it provides you with natural nutritional effects.
- Consuming raw Manuka honey will energise your body as it comes loaded with phenols and vital energy-giving nutrients.
- Individuals with dental and gum issues can take their benefits. It supports dental hygiene by reducing the build-up of plaque. It acts as a disinfectant to minimise the severity of gum disease.
- Pure honey seems a wonderful choice for skincare. It can hydrate your skin making it soft and acne-free. With antibacterial traits, it eliminates skin infections.
- It has a marvellous ability to aid in faster wound recovery and scar removal. Due to antimicrobial properties, it acts as an active skin repair agent. Along with ensuring antibacterial protection, it draws water out of the cells to kill invading bacteria.
- Take honey as a natural antibiotic for clearing infections and killing germs. Organic honey has potent anti-viral and antibacterial effects that make them combat resistant strains of disease-causing bacteria.
- Pure honey eases stomach aches, reduces bloating, and improves digestion. The digestive benefits of honey are remarkable.
- Honey is an immune booster.
- Thanks to its antibacterial properties, it can kill bugs to keep fever, cold, sore throat, and flu issues at bay.
- It gives a cooling sensation when consumed orally to soothe sore throats.
Suggest Ways Use
- Take pure honey straight off your spoon! To enjoy maximum taste and benefits, do not take any food or drink for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Smoothies go well with manuka honey due to its mild sweetness and earthy aftertaste. You can pick any fruit.
- Apply an even, thin layer of honey over the scar, wound, or cut. You can do it with your hands or cotton bud.
- If you are a baking fanatic, you can replace sugar with honey. Or better, glaze your hot muffins with healthy Manuka honey.
- One of the best ways to consume Manuka honey is to roast your favourite veggies in it for a delicious golden glaze.
- Start your day with a punch of nutritious Manuka honey – mix it in your hot porridge, and cold yoghurt, or drizzle in fluffy pancakes, crepes, and waffles.
- Honey makes a perfect dressing for your salads. You can add it to your spicy sauces, as well.
- Stir a spoonful into your hot coffee or herbal tea to enhance its remedial power and taste.
- Add a few dollops of raw honey to hot water and drink it for sore throat.
- Chop your favourite fruit and dip it in honey to enjoy the extra sweetness. Citrus fruits and honey are the perfect partners!
Is a Spoonful of Manuka Honey Good for You?
Yes, it is because it is full of healthful compounds, antioxidants, and vital enzymes required to keep you energetic and healthy. Raw honey benefits are numberless! It is a good pick for maintaining healthy skin and heart, improving immunity, losing weight, and combating viral infections.
Is Raw Manuka Honey Better?
In comparison to processed honey, you are always recommended to consume raw honey. It is never heated, processed, filtered, or blended, retaining its natural content, live enzymes, and remedial potency. Raw honey usually has a high pollen content. In short, it is a healthier choice.
Is Manuka honey good for weight loss?
Raw manuka honey is a medically proven item that contributes to weight loss. It makes the best substitute for refined sugars that reduces your total calories and sugar consumption, cuts down your sugar rush and helps decrease cholesterol.
Who should not take Manuka honey?
- Individuals with diabetes.
- Individuals with an allergy to bees.
- Infants and children younger than one year.
Should Manuka honey be refrigerated after opening?
No, it should be kept at room temperature in the pantry. Placing it in the fridge will expose it to cold temperatures causing crystallisation. Crystallised honey will still be eaten, and the benefits of manuka honey will retain.