Mankua Honey 514+
Nature’s Blends Manuka Honey 514+ is a healthful and tastiest golden delight with extraordinary antibacterial and anti-viral properties, exceptional taste, 100% purity, and beauty benefits.
Our Manuka honey is directly sourced from the mountainous lands of New Zealand and presented raw, unpasteurized, and minimally processed to keep its original taste, smooth texture, and enriching flavor. Manuka honey is not only scrumptious to eat but also presents you with an incredible blend of nutrients and enzymes. Make it a part of your daily health routine and enjoy unlimited raw honey benefits.
Organic honey of Manuka bushed with an MGO value of 514+ has multiple uses to keep you fit and active. Its unique texture and delightful aroma give your cakes, muffins, pancakes, tea, yogurt, and savory cuisines a punch of palatability. Being one of the most sought-after raw honey varieties in the world, its rich taste sets it apart.
It will satisfy your cravings when you need a more potent, more soothing honey to indulge yourself in!
Taste, Color, and Texture:
What Does Manuka Honey Taste Like?
Manuka honey is known for its unique taste and attractive fragrance. This sweet delicacy brings a rich flavor palette to let you enjoy it with your meals and snacks. Its complex taste is a blend of medium-level sweetness of sugar (depending on the season), caramel, and floral notes. The aftertaste of this raw unfiltered honey is mildly bitter and earthy but pleasant.
Pure honey comes in a dark cream shade of brown. The texture is thick, rich, and creamy, giving a smooth consistency.
A quick introduction to MGO and UMF
Before jumping to the shopping cart, you must understand the concepts of MGO and UMF in Manuka honey. Typically defined as honey grading systems, you can evaluate the honey's purity, quality, and uniqueness as it informs you about the levels of certain vital compounds contributing to the honey’s effectiveness or potency.
MGO is the abbreviated form of methylglyoxal, and UMF stands for Unique Manuka Factor. Methylglyoxal is a hyperactive, naturally occurring compound found in Manuka that brings tons of impressive therapeutic properties. MGO is what Manuka honey superior. For the best quality, choose the honey with the highest MGO value. UMF gives a broader view by focusing on other nutrients apart from MGO.
Is MGO or UMF Better?
Considering the accurate indicators of honey’s quality and purity, both are useful. As they evaluate different characteristics, you can compare the values to understand honey’s potency better.
Both standards vary widely but can be associated with each other to some extent. Here is a parity chart of estimated values:
- UMF 5 = MGO83
- UMF10 = MGO263
- UMF15 = MGO514
- UMF20 = MGO829
- UMF25 = MGO1200
What Level of Manuka Honey is Best?
The best Manuka raw honey must have the greatest value of MGO to ensure the maximum anti-viral and antimicrobial benefits of honey.
The highest value (15-25 UMF) reflects the highest strength (higher concentration of bioactive compounds), which has wider application. It is best suited for cosmetic purposes and remedial approaches or wound healing. The Manuka honey benefits are maximum in 20-25 UMF levels. Medium-grade (10-15 UMF) Manuka honey can also be potent and beneficial for multiple not-severe health conditions in the short term. Whereas milder-grade (5-10 UMF) honey is suitable for consumption daily with meals or raw.
The honeybees produce Manuka honey by feeding on short evergreen shrubs of Manuka (Leptospermum), which is respected for its curative qualities. It symbolizes power, stability, and sustenance. The local Maori people have been using it from root to honey as a traditional medicine for centuries as it is only cultivated in New Zealand. The Manuka tree is known for its resilience and toughness to withstand harsh conditions such as dry earth and strong winds.
Commonly known as the New Zealand Tea Tree, white flowers bloom during summer giving a distinctive fragrance. The sweet nectar attracts bees and lets them take it to their hives. The specialty of Manuka lies in its nutrient-dense nectar. People have learned exceptional beekeeping skills with time and now supply honey worldwide.
Manuka honey is produced in specific conditions, only in NZ, and in a brief summertime, it is one of the rarest and most expensive honey varieties.
(MGO)Methylglyoxal is a compound naturally produced by the nectar and collected by the bees, letting them bring it to the Manuka honey and giving honey strong antibacterial and anti-viral properties. Dietary methylglyoxal is heat- and light-resistant. This wondrous element can maintain its stability in enzymatic activity.
Benefits of Honey:
Manuka Honey is one of the most powerful varieties which works for your general well-being. It has plenty of medicinal benefits, but its antioxidant and antibacterial properties are at the top of the list. It really has super healing powers to take good care of your gut and oral health, immunity, and skin. Being rich in bio-actives and friendly enzymes, it provides you with natural nutritional effects.
- Consuming raw Manuka honey will energize your body as it comes loaded with phenols and vital energy-giving nutrients.
- Individuals with dental and gum issues can take their benefits. It supports dental hygiene by reducing the build-up of plaque. It acts as a disinfectant to minimize the severity of gum disease.
- Pure honey seems a wonderful choice for skincare. It can hydrate your skin making it soft and acne-free. With antibacterial traits, it eliminates skin infections.
- It has a marvelous ability to aid in faster wound recovery and scar removal. Due to antimicrobial properties, it acts as an active skin repair agent. Along with ensuring antibacterial protection, it draws water out of the cells to kill invading bacteria.
- Take honey as a natural antibiotic for clearing infections and killing germs. Organic honey has potent anti-viral and antibacterial effects that make them combat resistant strains of disease-causing bacteria.
- Pure honey eases stomach aches, reduces bloating, and improves digestion. The digestive benefits of honey are remarkable.
- Honey is an immune booster.
- Thanks to its antibacterial properties, it can kill bugs to keep fever, cold, sore throat, and flu issues at bay.
- One of the best health benefits of honey is that it gives a cooling sensation when consumed orally to soothe sore throats.
Suggest Ways Use
- Take pure honey straight off your spoon! To enjoy maximum taste and benefits, do not take any food or drink for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Smoothies go well with manuka honey due to its mild sweetness and earthy aftertaste. You can pick any fruit.
- Apply an even, thin layer of honey over the scar, wound, or cut. You can do it with your hands or cotton bud.
- If you are a baking fanatic, you can replace sugar with honey. Or better, glaze your hot muffins with healthy Manuka honey.
- One of the best ways to consume Manuka honey is to roast your favorite veggies in it for a delicious golden glaze.
- Start your day with a punch of nutritious Manuka honey – mix it in your hot porridge, and cold yogurt, or drizzle in fluffy pancakes, crepes, and waffles.
- Honey makes a perfect dressing for your salads. You can add it to your spicy sauces, as well.
- Stir a spoonful into your hot coffee or herbal tea to enhance its remedial power and taste.
- Add a few dollops of raw honey to hot water and drink it for sore throat.
- Chop your favorite fruit and dip it in to enjoy the extra sweetness with the benefits of Manuka honey. Citrus fruits and honey are the perfect partners!
Why is Manuka honey expensive?
The primary reason Manuka Honey is so expensive is its rarity. Finding and harvesting Manuka honey is very difficult. Besides, it is one of the most potent honey sourced only from New Zealand, making it pricier.
What is UMF in Manuka honey?
UMF is a certified grading system for honey to check its purity and premium quality. UMF stands for ‘Unique Manuka Factor and is exercised by UMF Honey Association located in New Zealand. UMF rating starts from 5+ and ends at 20+. The greater the values of UMF, the higher the antibacterial activity will be represented. It basically judges two main factors:
- Label to check if it is truly genuine, raw, and pure honey or not.
- The value of MGO is to rank honey as per its uniqueness, benefits, potency, and purity.
What is NPA in Manuka honey?
NPA is an abbreviated form of the Non-Peroxide Activity that evaluates honey and helps classify it based on its strength and quality.
What does MGO 500 mean in Manuka honey?
500 is a number that defines the value of MGO (Methylglyoxal), an organic compound in Manuka honey that gives it potent antibacterial effects. 514+ is a range representing the quantity of MGO in Manuka honey.