Manuka Honey 263+
Nature’s Blends Manuka Honey 263+ will take you on a mouth-watering ride with its sweetness coupled with the tantalising undertones of caramel and fudge-like consistency. It has the particularity of promoting overall well-being.
Raw Manuka honey - a delicious, healthful, pure, and natural sweetener for all true honey lovers that tend to offer marvellous medicinal properties, too!
We serve it raw, obtained directly from the lush mountains or sunny coastlines of New Zealand as Manuka flowers only bloom in summers producing tempting yet distinctive fragrances. We always use cold methods to avoid exposing honey to heat, or else honey will lose its natural curative properties. We market it after testing honey’s purity, quality, and MGO content to provide you with the finest organic honey.
You can use it either as a replacement for regular sugar for tea, oatmeal, yoghurt, and smoothie or as a healthful component to be included in your daily skincare routine. Due to plenty of essential nutrients, natural pollen content, bioactive compounds, enzymes, and antioxidants, Manuka Honey 263+ has the ability to heal fungal and bacterial infections, strengthen immunity, fight against acne-related issues and so much more. This raw honey's benefits are endless.
In Nature’s Blends Manuka Honey 263+, the 263+ explains the MGO count (amount of methylglyoxal).
Taste, Color, and Texture:
As soon as you put a spoonful of pure Manuka honey in your mouth, you will experience a burst of flavours, letting you enjoy mild to medium sugariness (depending on the season), a subtle punch of earthiness, and hints of caramel. This rich flavour palette is enhanced with floral notes and a clean yet pleasant aftertaste. The raw unfiltered honey has a thick and creamy texture. Its smooth consistency is worth loving.
The honey addicts will surely relish its woody undertones. The colour might change as per the season and purity. It ranges from a dark cream shade to brown.
A quick introduction to MGO and UMF
If you buy raw Manuka honey, you must look into MGO and UMF ratings as they gauge the honey on different characteristics such as MGO concentration, honey quality, effectiveness, purity, and potency. These grading systems explain how valuable the honey will be for your health by measuring the content of beneficial bioactive compounds found in manuka honey composition.
They differ as follows:
- MGO stands for methylglyoxal and only tells you about the methylglyoxal levels (in organic manuka honey). Indirectly, it informs you about the honey’s antimicrobial properties. A Higher MGO rating means a higher concentration of MG demonstrating strong antimicrobial traits.
- UMF is an abbreviated form of Unique Manuka Factor, responsible for measuring MG content as well as other healthful bioactive compounds for defining honey’s quality and purity.
Is MGO or UMF Better?
In one way or another, they are linked to the honey in the same manner as both are considered to be the best indicators of honey’s quality and purity. We cannot say which one is a better option because they look into different traits of honey. Yes, you can compare the values, which will help you choose the purest, highest-quality honey.
Both standards vary widely but can be associated with each other to some extent. Here is a parity chart of estimated values:
- UMF 5 = MGO83
- UMF10 = MGO263
- UMF15 = MGO514
- UMF20 = MGO829
- UMF25 = MGO1200
What Level of Manuka Honey is Best?
The honey, which shows the highest content (quantity) of MGO, is defined as the most beneficial option as it promises to provide you with the maximum antiviral and antimicrobial benefits. As per the scale of UMF:
- Honey with 20-25 UMF tops the chart with the highest concentration of bioactive compounds (MGO), best-used for curative purposes.
- Honey with 15-25 UMF comes with the nearly maximum MGO strength, best used against skin issues and wound healing.
- Honey with 10-15 UMF is second last place but still has high potency to keep you safe from mild to moderate health problems.
- Honey with 5-10 UMF is at the bottom of the chart with milder properties, making it acceptable to be consumed daily.
The scientific name for a Tea Tree is Leptospermum Scoparium, which is found during a brief period of spring and summer. Due to their picky nature, you cannot find it in many areas yet, only in New Zealand and particular regions of Australia. Now you can imagine why it is considered so rare. This small-sized, evergreen shrub blooms with distinctively sweet-fragranced flowers letting you spot it from a distance. Its MGO has an unbelievably resilient nature to light and heat.
Manuka Tree has a long history of being cultivated by native Maori for treating or preventing illnesses and healing a variety of wounds. Do you know why? They provide incredibly nutrient-dense nectar.
Health Benefits of Honey:
Undoubtedly, Manuka Honey is a health proven plant-derived compound used against numerous diseases. It is valued by worldwide health practitioners, nutritionists, and athletes for its enriching healthful properties (primarily antioxidant and antibacterial properties). It has higher curative abilities because of the high-level natural pollens, amino acids, and enzymes concentration. It takes good care of your body from skin to heart, mouth to the gut.
Some of the significant Manuka honey benefits include:
- It acts as a marvellous immune booster whether you are taking it with or without a meal.
- Apart from strengthening your immunity, it takes your energy level to the next level. It is a natural energy stimulant.
- Highly beneficial for keeping bugs away is a good example of its antibacterial properties. In short, it saves you from catching fever, flu, and cold.
- Its unique ability to give a cooling sensation plays a significant role in soothing sore throats.
- One of the primary benefits of Manuka honey is that it can maintain your GIT health by managing stomach aches, improving digestion, and reducing bloating.
- People with skin ailments or acne can benefit by mixing it in a mask, scrub, or facewash. It gives a refreshing look by hydrating skin.
- Considered a valuable disinfectant for dental and gum problems such as plaque build-up.
- Layering this energy-giving delicacy over wounds will support faster healing because of its antimicrobial properties. Additionally, it works as a skin repair agent and helps remove scars.
Suggest Ways Use
- Eating raw honey straight off your spoon with no dilution is a quick way to revitalise your body's energy levels. The best practice is to not consume water or any other intensely flavoured food within 15-20 minutes.
- Thanks to its unique flavour blend of sweetness and earthiness, Manuka honey makes the tastiest smoothies because it gets along with all fruit.
- For veggie lovers, you better roast them in the bed of Manuka honey.
- Whether you are a coffee lover or tea or do you prefer drinking only herbal tea, a few dollops of honey will double the taste, delightful fragrance, and remedial power.
- Apart from lunch and snacks, take advantage of honey in breakfast by adding it to your porridge and cold yoghurt. For a subtle punch, drizzle it over waffles.
- Being a good wound healer and due to its active anti-bacterial properties, you can cure scars ad cuts by applying a thin honey coating with freshly washed hands or sterilised cotton pads.
- Balance extra spiciness of sauces with honey – an ultimate dressing for your salads.
- Manuka Honey is not only healthy but also a delicious alternative to table sugar. You can use it in cooking pancakes or crepes, baking bread or cakes. Oh, yes, give your cupcakes a golden, shiny, yummy glaze with pure honey.
- Mixing raw honey in a glass of hot water will soothe your sore throat.
Is higher MGO better?
Yes! The higher the MGO value, the maximum health benefits due to greater antibacterial properties. MGO ratings are used to rank the honey on its quality and antibacterial traits.
What does K factor 12 mean in Manuka honey?
KFactor is used to define the honey's total “pollen count”. Unlike the MGO rating and UMF score, it doesn’t provide you with the MGO quantity or honey quality.
What level of Manuka honey is best?
It depends on what are you planning to use your Manuka honey for. Higher quality is for curative and therapeutic causes, whereas lesser quality with lower UMF value will suffice your taste buds. Manuka honey benefits are indicated on UMF value. Generally, UMF 15 is considered a good score, but you should consider 10 as the minimum score you can go. Coming to the K Factor 16™, use this criterion to check the amount of bee pollen in honey.
Does honey expire?
Typically, honey never comes with an expiry date, although it can crystallise over time. It usually darkens in colour, becomes grainier in texture, and thicker in consistency during crystallisation but is still considered safe to consume. It never goes bad when it is stored in a dry, cool, shady place.
Why is my honey sour?
If your honey has a sour taste, it is likely fermented. Fermentation gives honey a unique sort of sharp alcoholic taste and an unpleasant acidic smell similar to yeast or expired vinegar.
What's so special about manuka honey?
Manuka honey has many unique attributes to offer, but the most special is its antibacterial effects that keep you healthy, away from germs and support faster-wound healing. Compared to traditional honey, it has a distinct compound called MGO (Methylglyoxal). This active ingredient enhances honey’s antiviral, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. Additionally, it has an incomparable taste and wonderful aroma that brings sweetness to your dishes without adding excessive calories or overpowering other ingredients’ taste.